01-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #43
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlover17 View Post
I have done the math and I will be saving my parents around $56000 because of dual enrollment.
You are not "saving" your parents $56,000. They don't have to pay for anything, so that money that you are "saving" them means little to nothing, as they could just choose to let you pay for your schooling yourself, which would result in them not having to pay that $56,000 OR $15,000 for a car.

I'm not trying to demean you or put you down, as you seem like a nice kid. But you have to understand that these things are privileges, and you are not entitled to any of them just because you work hard in school.

My parents bought my first car when I was in high school because, like you, I was doing VERY well (ended up attaining scholarships and grants that paid for roughly $160,000 of my college tuition). My dad purchased a brand new Nissan 350z for roughly $35,000 for. At the time, like you, I thought I had earned it by doing so well. But I didn't. I was lucky to have parents who were willing to spend that kind of money on my first car, but I in no way deserved it. I now drive a 2015 M4, which I pay for myself, and I can honestly feel like I truly earned it, as I'm able to pay for it without any assistance.
Appreciate 0