Thread: 540i vibration
View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #22
jaxdtw2196
Rep
Drives: '22 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW012 View Post
these vibrations are apparent on MB and BMWs starting a few years back. unless yours is much worse, it just seems to be the norm now. some say switching to NFTS helps, highly doubt a dealership will fix it. they will just say its normal/they dont feel what you are talking about. after looking into this for many years, i believe it might be have something to do with the way they are laying down the new highways now. visually the roads look like the cars should drive through it like a hot knife on butter, but i think they started to repave the roads with different/cheaper material or in a different manner which creates these odd vibrations. once you feel these vibrations - i dont think there is anything you can do that will fix it 100%. unfortunately, once you look for it - it will always be there. but good luck!!! let us know if you find a solution.
Dealership porter picked up the car this morning. The vibration is very rhythmic and exists on asphalt the same as it exists on concrete so I don't really buy that argument. Over the course of a roughly 800 mile road trip I was able to drive long stretches on both surfaces at highway speed. During the process with the other vehicle, I was given a plain-ol-vanilla '21 330 loaner car that drove as smooth as silk on the same roads I was having issues with on with the 540.

We shall see.
Appreciate 0