09-23-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath View Post
Hey guys, so i am getting the DSC failure screen and associated orange lights on the dash. Ive scanned for codes many times and got nothing! NO CODES!

This is how this issue began: I was out driving the other night, i went into McDonald's driveway, the driveway had a slight bump at the gutter, didn't think much of it, just felt like a small jault from a pothole. 5 mins later i was pulling into a tight underground carpark where i had to do a quick 3 point turn, as i was doing this 3 point turn all the DSC failure lights came up!
I parked up and did a Code scan with the JB4, nothing. I took the car home and disconnected 1 of the battery terminals thinking this may clear the issue, no luck. I have done a code everytime i drive it and nothing, no codes.
Anyone had this issue?
JB4 is not much of a diagnostic tool. I didn't think it reads codes off every module of the car?

You need a K+DCAN ebay cable with INPA (or Carly if you dont have it) to read codes. INPA and ISTA would be the only things that can read realtime sensor data from the DSC module. There might be a few people out there with a setup in your area, although they mostly seem to be lurkers.

Start by resetting the tyre pressure monitors in idrive or the BC stalk.

Most likely you've damaged an ABS sensor. Check wiring on the side you hit the gutter with. If you have access to INPA (Carly won't do this stuff) you can actually read all the ABS sensor readings in realtime and diagnose quickly. Might be an unplugged sensor, damaged sensor or wiring.