View Single Post
      03-11-2024, 04:49 AM   #1
wouterb038
Rep
Drives: G31 540i

MHD Stage 2 > 2+ - Burbles act strange

Hello!

I installed the B58 TU HPFP last weekend and adjusted my MHD tune from Stage 2 to Stage 2+

Because I already had stage 2, I didn't expect much from stage 2 to stage 2+, but I have to admit that the car drives and reacts very differently (In a positive way). I only have 1 thing I don't understand:

With the old map (stage 2) I had the burbles (only on sport) at 0.8 seconds and sound at aggressive. This always gave 1 or 2 hard loud bangs when downshifting.

Now in the stage 2+ HPFP map I notice that the burble does not always work when downshifting. Only when you give a lot of gas at high revs do you get those hard bangs, but not always at lower speeds.

Do people recognize this with the HPFP map? Anyone have any recommendations for the settings? When my tank is empty i will try the 102ron(95oct) map to test it.

I don't use the exhaust burbles often. I also turned it off in comfort mode. But sometimes in a tunnel or a garage it's just fun to turn it on... but with the normal stage 2 map I could just trust that it always worked. Now it is quite irregular and does not always work. Pity.

Any tips are welcome!

Setup & Mods:
B58 Gen1
Osprey Custom turbo heatshield
Osprey 5" Downpipe
HPFP Tu1 pump
Straightpipe with only mid resonator and M-performance end muffler.
MST Cold air intake
BMW G31 - 540i
Appreciate 0