View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
jlsm511
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S R53

France/Germany Trip Report to BMW, MB and Porsche (Image Heavy!)

After seeing so many ED threads, the desire to visit Germany only grew, but knowing a ED trip was years away, I decided to go with my friend and see all the sights as tourists. In 7 days we visited 2 countries and did everything we had set out to do. I'll save you all the details on Paris and focus only on the car things there and on Germany as a whole. This is an experience every gearhead should do at some point, because it has given me a new appreciation and view on the automotive history, and specifically the 3 German Marques we visited.

Note: Sorry the photos are displayed in reverse, from newest to oldest, trying to fix that but photobucket doesn't seem to have a sort-by-date feature :/

Day 1: Miami-Paris
The first three days of our trip would take us to Paris. We flew Air Canada from Miami to Toronto on an E190 and connected to our flight to Paris on a 777-300ER. Both flights were uneventful and the service was quite good.

Day 2-4: Paris
Saw some interesting car's in Paris, some that you never see in the US. Also stopped by the Mercedes-Benz showroom on the Champs-Elysee (very good) and the BMW Showroom on George V (major disappointment). Since we were in the area we also swigged by the home of the FIA (Formula 1's governing body), unfortunately Jean Todt was out :/

Day 5: Paris-Munich

We took an early morning (6am ) flight from Paris to Munich. We flew on Lufthansa, with a connection in Dusseldorf. I was amazed with the quality and service you could get on a short 45 minute flight. Not only was there breakfast (cereal with yogurt), there was also 2 drink runs. Overall, I was very impressed by the quality of service on LH and by how well maintained and how good these 15+ year old planes looked.

Day 5: Munich City Center

After the hour long trek from the Munich Airport to the central station, we checked in at the Le Meridien (which I wholeheartedly recommend by the way, centrally located, ridiculously large rooms for Europe, and awesome beds) and made our way to the City Center. After walking around we made our way to the Hofbräuhaus for some dinner and bier!

Last edited by jlsm511; 08-28-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0