View Single Post
      10-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

540i xDrive - UK Tuning

I know there are many threads out there and on here regarding tuning for the G30 but they didn't answer what I'm about to ask advise on. (Maybe I should be writing this for the Engine/Tuning section). Car is a 2018 pre OPF/PPF

Very happy with the car but there are more gains to be had from such an amazing engine.

I've been looking into getting the car tuned and have narrowed it down to 2 companies. DMS and NV Motorsport.

DMS:

450bhp and nearly 440lb.ft of torque. This will include the updates to the gearbox, and recalibrating your sports dials.

This price includes fine-tuning on one of our 4WD dynos and our full aftersales software support package, this is three years of unlimited callouts to either reinstall the software if it is overwritten during a software update from the main dealer, also if it is going in for any warranty work where the car will be test driven we will revert the car to standard to ensure the obvious power increases do not provoke any questioning from the warranty manager. These callouts are unlimited, free of charge, and we will come to any location required.

NVM:

Original BHP 340
Tuned BHP 440
Original Torque (Nm) 450
Tuned Torque (Nm) 600

NVM Package includes:
Custom tuning on the dyno
Charge pipe fitted
Panel filter fitted
Decat downpipe fitted

I'm leaning more towards the DMS option as the 3 year aftersales support package sounds decent. But the NVM option sounds good too, replacing standard parts (Charge Pipe) with upgraded ones. I've heard very good things about both companies and they give you confidence that they know what they are talking about and on what they doing.

Just wanted to get a few opinions and thoughts from you guys to what you think would be better. Thanks in advance.

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0