View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 01:35 AM   #9
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Hopefully BMW will learn something from the Toyota Hybrid tech they're getting for designing the Supra, and charge the damn battery as you're driving like the Prius does. I like to use battery while doing city driving and charge the battery while on the freeway so when I get to my destination area, I can use batter there and back to the freeway. 16 mile range now is NOTHING unless you use it during city driving where ICE sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
While I would appreciate the extra range, and use it, what I really would like would be more power. Give me the standard B48 at 250 HP along with the electric motor and I will be a happy camper.

I have not had inadequate power in 14 months and I doubt I will BUT it is nice to know it is there if one suddenly needs it when passing at high speeds.
Totally agree. Give us the bigger turbo and power. Use the electric motor for "torque fill" down low to eliminate lag during regular driving. We need the extra power considering all the extra weight we carry when the battery is dead.
Now if one could combine the Tesla powertrain with BMW interior and handling... WINNING!!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0