View Single Post
      01-08-2023, 08:45 PM   #22
cn520
Registered
Rep
Drives: g30&520i

Hello CnSky,fogive my poor english,my 520i had the same problem,this is my standstill current(im left drive not right drive):
rear left:0.00mA
rear right:0.00mA
front left:4.00mA
front right:1.00mA

And I god the message that in the standard equipment configuration(s223a edc from g30 or g12),
information about the vertical body movements (pitch, roll and lift) is made available by the Crash Safety Module ACSM-High. The retraction and extension speeds of the shock absorbers are determined by means of the ride height sensors.
If the vehicle is equipped with the optional equipment “Active Comfort Drive” (2VS or 2VA), there are additional wheel acceleration sensors. These are used among other things for more precise regulation of the Electronic Damper Control (EDC).

Obviously, the vdp dynamic signal of our low configuration car is only from the ACSM,the height sensor only determines the speed of the shock absorber piston.
This also explains why I can effectively restrain the rebound speed of the rear shock absorber after subtracting 25 mm of the rear axle height from the height adjustment at ISTA+, because the height sensor only affects the damping speed.

Experts told me that the lack of vertical acceleration sensors is the cause. The vertical acceleration in ACSM is not independent of four axes, so the accuracy is very poor. However, it is strange that Mercedes, which also uses the same bilstein damptronic sky absorber, does not need vertical acceleration sensors. It can achieve stability close to the magic carpet by using only four height sensors and four lateral acceleration sensors outside.

So now I don't know how to do it or whether to install 4 vertical acceleration sensors.

Last edited by cn520; 01-08-2023 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0