11-28-2018, 09:02 PM   #25
Symo
Where is the Earth Shattering Ka Boom?
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 540i Mediterranean Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
Never seen a reminder message come up. If you didn't smell it then yes, either the cartridges were empty or the scent level was set to 0 (they go 0-3).

I wondered about the refill option myself as the cartridges don't last long if you leave them switched on and they seem to cost a disproportionate amount of money. I knew the MB system could be refilled but the cartridges were simpler design. The BMW version looks like it has a chip and reservoir (kind of like an inkjet printer cartridge).

I rarely use mine (only temporarily if at all), so mine have lasted me over six months so far. The car came with a kit of four different flavours and two at a time can be installed. I'm only out on one of them at this stage with two untouched still in the cupboard.

Thanks DBO. Haven't actually collected my car yet so just going on what I have read here. I just got the VIN from the dealer last week (and trying to track it through production / shipping without luck). I hope to collect my car in January 19 if the stars align.

After I empty my first cartridge I may try to refill one with some old spice or some other trendy scent
Appreciate 0