View Single Post
      10-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #1213
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I don't think I said directly that "Toyota claimed ...". I was implying their marketing department was juicing up the number through a couple of vid from a third party. You can't be naive to think Toyota had nothing to do with it. The timing was too much of a coincidence. Just right after the Supra was released, you got a vid that did 12.0 1/4 but then nobody was able to replicated that once the Supra was released to the general public.
We had several staff members on the Supra forum attend the VA press review event and none of them has said anything about what you are implying. They had a video Q&A session w/ Tada and Toyota left them alone to review and test drive the car as they pleased. We all know drivers, road conditions, weather etc plays a role with any car as explained by CarWOW in another comparison video where they timed the Zupra at 12.5 sec. We can keep going back and forth all day, but the only thing officially put out by Toyota is the press release, everything else is hearsay and speculation.
Appreciate 0