United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslenutz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
So I finally pulled the trigger on Alpina mode on the instrument cluster of my '19 M550i. Despite 1/3 of the speedometer being wasted real estate on the high-end, I really love the look and feel. Awesome!

Just FYI, I did notice that it reset all of my statistics after the ECU restarted.
I have a 540 does this work on that model? I tried and didn't see anything update? Does it have to be switched to sport or something?
You have to have the 6WB full digital cluster. I believe it comes with the executive package on the G30s. What you saw in my photo is sport mode (bottom). It looks completely different in normal mode (top). What I do is code my vehicle to always start in sport individual mode and I disable some of the performance features when I'm driving around in the city, so essentially it's in comfort mode with the sports mode look.

Note: When you code the display from the normal G30 display mode to the Alpina display mode, some of your settings will get reset (tripmeter, fuel economy, etc). Obviously your odometer stays the same.
Appreciate 0