NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
There's only one obvious, worthy upgrade. I think you know what it is, it stares at all of us with M550's right in the face.
Haha well, for the time being, all my cars come used or CPO. That’s the only way I can drive these cars, at this stage. I just don’t have the balls to drive a preowned F90 or any other true M car, as a daily driver, with 3+ years and 40k+ miles on it.

Really lightly used F90 or Panamera would be on my list if my budget was bigger. For now, M850 is really the only alternative I’ve found that is both realistic and would be suitable after being spoiled on the M550.

On day three, I’m really liking the 8 GC. Even in the 40i trim. The handling is different than the 550 and it’s big but very sporty to drive. I think the width and low ride height help. And the suspension is probably just tuned well. It’s so big, I’d like to drive an M850 to see if the added weight of the engine makes a big noticeable difference in driving feel. It does, to me, in the 550.

We’re going to drive an X7 M50 on Saturday. Not to buy but it’s in town and my wife hasn’t ever driven one. I haven’t either but she’s the X7 driver. We want to see how much difference it makes. Her 40i drives so light in the front end, I want to see if it drives a lot heavier. Also interested to see how much you feel the difference in power in normal driving in a vehicle that’s so heavy.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
85Shark101.00