02-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
Magic-gnome
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2019 530xi G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasbird View Post
When i went in today, they said they would update the software and the maps for £160 and that the current software was as 02/2017, ie had never been updated since manufacture.

the fact that maps were mentioned makes me nervous that they didnt really mean a full software/firmware/idrive update, i am getting it in writing..

the reason is last time i bought a car, i test drove one and got album art from my ipod classic, but the car i eventually bought of the same era, e60 i think it was, did not show album art when i plugged in (and also didnt search by postcode on navigation). I dont want to be in a situation where i am missing functionality for what should be a straight forward enough process.

the salesperson worryingly mentioned that there were different versions of software within the g30 range, he said as much as full version of idrive different. I would love to see a document that showed which versions went with which manufacturer date and what the significant differences are between them.

does anyone know of a link to this info?

also does anyone know what has versions in a g30. I have heard of at least two, idrive and istep..what version should i be looking to put into contract if i can get them to update?
With G30, he's implying that it comes with either iDrive 6 or iDrive 7 lite depending on model year. You can read more on it in other threads.
Appreciate 0