View Single Post
      08-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #22
Deviant
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

A couple of thoughts.

First is, in reference to your other cars posted, in my eyes the gap seems proportionate front and back. I know on my M3 I have 1/2" gap in the rear and 2" in the front. To me it looks extremely disproportionate and I have to disagree with one poster and say to me it looks worse in person than it does in pics.

Second is I really have to laugh at how many people on these forums get so bent over other people modding (lowering, blacking out, etc) "their" cars. I see post after post from the stock crowd clamoring on how much better it is or how "stupid" people are for doing something different with your cars. Isn't it the Toyota commercial where it says the world would be a better place if we all drove Prius's? Maybe we could all have the same color too and unable to change it. Please shoot me in the head now. Modding our cars separates what our car looks like to everyone else. There's obvious interest, thus the reason all these sponsors are here to take our money.

Lastly, I don't understand all the so called smart guys preaching about how perfect track cars these M3/4's are stock and how the German Engineer genius's built them as such. Noooooo....they built them to go as fast and handle as well as possible while still being able to go up a driveway without destroying the whole front end and making it possible to go over a speed bump. If they engineered these cars for only performance they'd look like a DTM race car. Newsflash: things can be done to these cars to actually "improve performance." You don't have to be an engineer to realize this. It's called common sense.
Appreciate 0