07-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #1
thadoggfatha
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5

2017 530i X-Drvie vibration under braking

Hey everyone,

So I have noticed that my car was vibrating heavily while driving at highway speeds. I went into the tire pressure settings of the iDrive and noticed that the wrong size tire was entered. After adjusting to the to the recommended tire pressure(41PSI-rear 35PSI-front) I still noticed vibration but no where near where it was. I gave my local dealership a call and they recommended that I lower the tire pressure to 35PSI-rear and 33PSI-front. My tires are "All season tires (Continental ProContact 245/40 R19 98H M/S)". I also want to make sure that its okay to run the tire pressure lower than the recommended in iDrive.

So after making the adjustment as per the dealer recommendation I do not feel the vibration nearly as bad but still am noticing the car shake when coming to a stop. This seems to be an issue when I am specifically braking in city driving. Has anyone noticed this or is experiencing the same thing?

Any ideas on what the culprit can be as i want to rule out any small things before making a trip to the dealer. I know for the 3 series warped rotors are a known issue but I dont know if that is the case here.

Thanks for any help
Appreciate 0