hamzag20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzag20 View Post
Oh damn 670 plus Bluetooth? With the wired connection it'll be around 565. Do I need the wired connection in order to switch maps or is the wired connection just for logging? I don't understand why I'd pay 140 more for Bluetooth if I can just pay 35 for wired. I'm super confused lol. What does the wire even connect to and where can I see the logs if I do buy the wired connection? Also I know that you've owned a race chip. You think i should just go for a race chip? The only thing that is deterring me from a race chip is that it's only for my 330i and when I upgrade to the m340 late next year, I can't transfer my racechip to the m340 while I can just switch my JB4 to my m340 which is pretty nice.
No no. It’s 670 including Bluetooth since the bluetooth cable is $140. The wired cable is more than enough if you have a laptop. Problem is I only have an Apple laptop and idk if it’ll work with that. Bluetooth is so you can change maps and log using your phone. The cable can be used to change maps and log too but I’m not sure if it’s a windows only thing or it works with MacBooks as well.
I was happy with the racechip in my A4. But I’m also happy with the JB+ on the 330i. I had the RC ultimate connect and they said I can use it with another car if I pay them for a new harness for the new car and they’ll also send maps for the new car. But I sold it to another person with a B9 A4 and got JB+ instead. I went with JB+ since bms mainly works on BMWs and they have good experience with the b48/58 engines.
Regarding where the wire is connected. There’s a pdf on their website which shows where to connect the wire. There’s even a YouTube video by Terry I believe showing the process.
Yup, I just watched the video and I don't think I wanna put all the zip tie and cutting stuff into installing a JB4 if there's BM3 available. I'm just scared that I'm on a lease and that might not be the smartest option especially considering the fact that my car is in for software updates because of recalls. JB+ might just be my best bet I guess. Do you feel the diff w ur JB+. Also, with the dial turned up to 100% from its previous position did u feel a diff l. I just believe that the JB+ isn't the safest option but whatever hopefully it'll be fine.
Appreciate 0