05-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #14
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR-Tech View Post
BTW, beautiful Elise. Don't you miss it?
Everyday

As far as DD, I used it as a DD for 3 years even during the winter. It is doable, especially when you are young. Getting in and out can be tough, especially if you have any back pain or lingering injuries. Pot holes and any underground entrances become an adventure. Expect many different sounds that you have never experienced before. If you cannot stand the sound of some unknown object rolling somewhere in the car, think twice about it. I've had a bolt or rock inside the sill forever, and was unable to find it. Minor leak is common from the roof even with the hard top. Windows rattling squeak coming from the seals. Mechanical sounds from the suspension... Forget about the sound system, you won't be able to hear it most of the time. Cannot use a conventional car wash due to exposed engine bay/trunk. Transmission feels great, but due to the cable system, expect to have a mis-shift once in awhile especially from 2nd to 3rd, there's a 2.5th slot that people often hits. Due to body being fiber glass, there will be some minor cracks here and there from many different reasons. And if you get into a major accident, the front clam is about 3k new. Changing a bulb is like nothing you have done before. I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's about it for now...

Last edited by 3Si; 05-01-2017 at 07:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
VR-Tech119.00