View Single Post
      03-12-2024, 04:25 PM   #3707
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddy View Post
Does anybody run solid diff bushings on their street driven F80? Found this kit with the offset bushings while looking at different options where I've typically just seen the poly configurations or KMP. Pricing looks good.

My F80 is a street/track build that I enjoy taking on the street occasionally, and have never been in a car with solid diff bushings. If anybody has feedback that'd be great! My car isn't exactly quiet or luxury with the Nitrons/APs/Recaros/Exhaust but it's all a balance haha. I know there will be added NVH/whine but how bad is it driving on the highway?

Also considering their rear arm bundle to have more control of the fitment of aggressive setups in the rear. I've currently got 295/35 square and absolutely love it. I have very slight rubbing under hard compression after giving the fenders a pull. If I changed the wheel offset to +30 or above it wouldn't be an issue, but really just comes down to my wheel taste Feel like if the subframe is being dropped for the diff, and arms are being installed, might as well do the sway bars too (GTMore?)... this is starting to get out of hand!!
Do you have to drop the subframe to do the diff support? I would not do a diff support with solid bushings, even powerflex make a good racket.
The nicest thing about the double diff support is to raise the diff 10mm like the M4 GT4. If a kit can't do that, I wouldn't bother.

The GtMore sways are great, I'm happy to have them
Appreciate 0