Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Hi logical.

The myennergi enginer actually brought this up. He asked after changing my unit via warranty if perhaps it was plugged into a BMW hybrid 530e or 330e when it happened. After confirming he then asked me if the KLE had blown. I was surprised he even knew what a KLE is.

He explained that they are seeing a lot of this on BMWs and it doesn’t happen on other cars. It always causes a blown charger after KLE failure. No idea how that happens from a charger/car interface point of view.

If you search online there is loads of people reporting failed KLEs and confirming that BMW have changed the part number over 17 times. I had a look online and could see 8 part number changes between 2017-2020 Aline.

Seems there is something going on with the KLE and perhaps only myennergi chargers that are running in smart mode and sending excess solar power multiple times a day to the car. Thats a lot of cycles. This is what I was doing to capture free power.

Anyway this happened to me and it was the last straw so I sold the car. Planning to get an IX next year driving a Tesla (which I hate) in the interim.
Wow thanks for the heads up and sharing this with owners on the forum! Your posts are always informative.

I looked up the KLE on RealOEM and it shows 6 revisions and the latest one it lists shows as already discontinued and replaced by GetBMWParts.com (a BMW dealership parts department). You’re absolutely right they seem to be dealing with a lot of changes to this part.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...LTQ4NS0wMzE%3D

Name:  IMG_0308.jpeg
Views: 3537
Size:  478.5 KB
Appreciate 0