CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x427x View Post
I'm planning to order a set of wheels with parameters 9J +25 10.5 + 38 and put tires 255/30 and 305/25 - could anybody advise will this work?
255/30 and 295/25 will work for sure, but what about rears with 305/25 as for me it will be better for 10.5 and fronts with 255/30
Yeah 305 will work. Minimum wheel width would be 10.5" for a 305.

However, there's more of an issue with the diameter or height of the tires you mention. They're shorter than the OEM tires. Depending which manufacturer you go with, they will be ~ 7" - 11" shorter than OEM tires which will give you more gap between the top of your tire and your fender.

You're better off going with tire sizes that are closer to OEM factory specs, IMO. You typically want to get as close as possible. It'll look better and won't give you as many side effects (speedometer being off, worry about them not fitting or rubbing, etc).

EDIT: I don't want to hijack the OPs thread so go out and see what tires you currently have and size then make a new thread with that information and people can help you out.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay

Last edited by CLABRO; 07-16-2019 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0