View Single Post
      10-24-2016, 04:27 AM   #22
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

I currently have the 2010 535 GT, it is very special car.

Beside its questionable design of the rear end, it is a very good car. The car looks really massive and powerful, from some angles it looks even better than the F10. I don't think there was anyone who was not impressed by the car after been driven in it.
With the LCI model, they even fixed the rear end, but it was already a too late to salvage GT's reputation.

As mentioned, the GT is more like a 7 hatchback than 5, but yet again, the 6 and cylinder G30 are also half G11. Interior and built quality in F10 and F07 (GT) are actually very similar, except the GT is more spacious and has that fantastic elevated "command" seating position.

The problem with GT is that they wanted to preserve handling of the F10, so they had to make suspension very stiff. Finally the only thing they accomplished is to make it feel every single bump and pothole which should never happen in this class of car. On the other hand, the car still handles like a cow on the curvy roads with lots of body roll. It keeps traction while it is in the balance, but once you't out of balance, it's really bad and difficult to regain the balance.
Mine does not have the adaptive drive, I expect that the situation is a bit better with it.

Since in the meanwhile, BMW really improved drivabilty of its large vehicles (X5 first of all), I'm very confident that the new GT will be much better.

Taking all of that into account, I would prefer to take the new GT due to roomier interior, command seating position and more comfortable ride. It's just that I'm not in a mood to wait that long, so I will take the G30. (btw F07 was out one year before F10, now the situation is the opposite, so there is almost a 9 year gap between two generations of GTs).

Last edited by Laki021; 10-24-2016 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0