View Single Post
      07-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
No offense I seriosuly have to call bs on that one. I own a 350z and e350 and no way in hell is my benz faster than my Z...I can almost assure you that the Z driver you raced did not know how to drive.
Probably. But a race is a race. I raced a 350Z in my 328i and 2/3 times the guy beat me he had a 6 speed and off the line in 1st gear we were dead even and he slowly walked away in 2nd and pulled about a car length by 70. I beat him once since he got a bad start (his tires couldnt get traction) and when I let up he was pulling on me but I was still ahead at 70mph.

Its the street a number of factors come in to play dont be a magazine racer. I lost to a SLK 350 in my old M3 once on paper I should of dusted him but my tires were old and I couldnt get traction along with the fact he power braked at each light and I had SMG and LC sucks and I couldnt use it since my tires would just spin.

350z are old E36 M3 territory, you can find the video of the 330i staying dead even with an E36 M3, 330i is E350 territory. When you get down to it its all a drivers race.

Go get someone to drive your E350 and race it with your 350z. Make sure you have the E350 in standard transmission not comfort turn off ESP line them both up. The E350 doesn't feelt hat fast since the 7speed transmission along with being a quiet car. If you have the sport version it seems faster since you get an exhaust growl, I know people always think the sport is faster than the none sport just based on perception.
Appreciate 0