View Single Post
      12-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #51
JBM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi . . .

I actually like the simple style of the dash. I'll admit, I'm usually drawn to the tech-filled dashes (e.g. I have a 2005 Acura TL). But the simplistic lines and minimalist style in the 3 series is nice.

I'm still waiting for my ordered 325xi from the dealer. And because my other lease was due and I had to turn in my car, the dealer gave me a brand new 330xi to tool around in until my car arrives.

Here's something I noticed though. When I test drove the BMW (always during the day), I though the gauges were fine. Nothing spectacular, but well laid out and easy to read. But when I received the loaner 330xi, it was at night. I noticed that the all orange lighting was not very conducive to easy reading. Since everything is orange, there was no contrast between the numbers, hash marks, and the needles on the gauges. I found myself spending more time attempting to read the gauges rather than the usual quick glance.

I think a different color for the needles would greatly help (maybe white), as well as eliminating some of the hash marks around the speedometer. It seems to me that the speedo is a little too "hash marked."

What does everyone else think?
Appreciate 0