Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Depends on your situation I guess. For me that $1050 is not worth it for the handful of days out of the year I would use it, the fact it is harder for me to get in the car with a helmet which I do often for autoX, the weight gain it adds higher than I would like, and the want to put that money into something of more value like the CF roof or the exhaust. If it came with it stock, I might have just dealt with it.

Different strokes for different folks
I get the whole helmet thing if you are a tall driver. But for most of us average-height males under 6ft (I'm 5-10), I've never had an issue with fitting into a sunroof'ed car with my helmet on.

When the 2002 was new, the sunroof was a rare (and expense for its day) option. Now it is a sought after option on that car.

In the 80's, 90's and 00's you pretty much could not buy a new BMW WITHOUT a sunroof. Now slicktop cars from those decades are more desirable.

Today the perceived performance advantage of the slicktop is all the rage. And many cars are ordered without sunroofs for all the reasons cited above. I suspect in 30years when M2C's are the 2002tii of the 2030's and 2040's, the rare sunroof'ed cars will be the most collectible.
Yeah, I am 6'3, which is why I couched my answer as an opinion and not a statement of fact. But I agree that if your short, maybe you don't care.

As to your trends comment, you may well be right. I do appreciate that this may all be a trend.

Time will only tell.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0