04-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Same here. But if you've actually heard rod bearing tick in real life (I have), you'll know the difference right away.

The injector is a constant rhythm. While rod bearing is much more random, higher/metallic pitch. More so than injectors. But by that point you really shouldn't be driving it haha. The one I heard was a rental so......
Also, at least from what I heard in other cars...Injector rhythm gets drowned out as RPM increases, noise of engine etc..., while the bearing noise increases in tandom with the engine RPM and can get louder...
Bearing failure got me looking for another car.. ....so I looked around for a bullet proof one. However, If its performance car they all have trouble...example: Mustang new Coyote engine cylinder #8 failure, GTR complete transmission failure, Z06 engine grenade, Genesis Coupe transmission failures....if you find one that you think is bullet proof join their forum and you will find what is wrong...just like ours. No escape, so embrace the bearing failure!! Just keep your warranty...

The only way to avoid the fear of loss and waste of money...is to get a car that costs essentially nothing, so if it blows who cares...like a FRS or BRZ...

Last edited by M3-S65; 04-02-2014 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0