tron1043
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

Garage List
2013 328i M-Sport  [0.00]
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Installed Touch Screen HVAC Controller Without Issues So Far

I love the look of the touch screen HVAC controller. To my surprise, there were a decent number of touch controllers listed on eBay under $400. Thinking that the controller was a shared component with the G11/G12 7-Series, I hoped that I could retrofit the controller without coding. Then I found this thread by a member named Roxxer https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683132. He retrofitted the part to an X3 without coding. So, I bought a touch screen controller from eBay that also had ceramic controls as a bonus.

I've had it installed for over a week, and haven't had any Check Control errors or issues with the functions. The controller recognized my ventilated and heated seats without an issue.

Really love the way it looks. I especially love that when you turn the temperature knob, the font size temporarily increases. I actually prefer the physical buttons, but love the look. It reminds me of the display screens of single din head units from back in the day before screens were so common in cars.
Attached Images