View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 08:34 PM   #702
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetman7 View Post
Is that a legal maneuver ? I figure if you're speeding and on the wrong side of the road people has to see and hear you
There is no hard and fast rule for lights and siren. The roof lights are often used on their own. I'd often run at above the speed limit without either as they could sometimes cause more problems then they solve.....

Folk, I know you all think you have it figured out, but it's not black and white (couldn't help myself), when you're driving along and see the police doing something, anything it may have nothing to do with you and what you're doing, the cops might notice you but you are nothing more than another car on the road to be avoided while they are getting to where they are going.

Just for perspective. You get stopped and charged with a minor moving or equipment violation. I get that has an impact on you and you might be bothered or affected by it for sometime, hours, days weeks....hell I've had people come up to me at a party when they find out I was a cop and complain about a ticket they got in the 80's and did I think the cop should've charged them. About 99% of the time, when the cop hands you the ticket and send you on your way he has stopped thinking about you by the time he gets back to the scout car.....he's likely thinking about what he's going to get for lunch.....
Appreciate 0