View Single Post
      02-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #1482
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Guy on YT (AdamLZ) has one currently making like 650 wheel. Intercooler doesn't seem to be an issue as of yet, but he (and most others) are running a meth kit, so that keeps the IAT's in check. Tranny seems to be holding, but axles at the strip on slicks, not so much. I'm interested to see where the inevitable ceiling is for the stock motor.
I'm not entirely convinced it was an axle. It almost sounds like something broke in the diff based on what I saw of him inspecting the damage on a lift.

Block wise, the limits appear to be the electric arc wire spray coated cylinder walls. I've been monitoring the 3/4 series forums where B58 owners have been reporting scoring of the cylinder walls in 20-60K mileage stock and tuned B58s. The issues are compression loss, misfires, and power loss. The fix is a short block replacement. Since liners aren't used, you can't hone the bore. Hopefully it's only an issue with the earlier B58s. The Supra uses the same short block, different head though.