View Single Post
      11-30-2021, 04:46 PM   #43
AnthonyVincent
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540i M Sport

I will see what the response is from BMW. I suppose I can go personally to the selling dealer and speak to the service manager who misguided me. However, if he lies to my face and forgets the phone conversation, other than confronting him and making a scene, nothing else I can do. They don't care and I am just going to get more aggravated and definitely don't want to lose my cool. I would rather wait for BMW's response and perhaps escalate with formal complaints to the Consumer Services Division - Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the Federal Trade Commission, the United States Department of Transportation and the Florida Attorney General.

This is my first BMW ownership and most likely my last. Previously, owned nothing but Lexus cars since my first which was a Lexus GS300 in 1999. Maybe I was lucky, however, I never had a bad experience with a Lexus car or dealership. I strayed from Lexus when I purchased the BMW because Lexus is making decisions that I think will hurt them. They no longer offer a performance sedan with exception to the IS350 which is too small. The ES350 that is offered as an F Sport is a front wheel drive overpriced Camry. However, Lexus is putting a lot of emphasis on the ES350 and even came out with a 4 cyl AWD version. That was a stupid decision. The GS with the 6 cyl and GSF with the 8 cylinder are discontinued. I've owned many GS350s and one GSF which was quite powerful. They do have the SC500 with the same 8cyl but that is a 2 door. Beautiful car but I want a 4 door. The 540i M Sport that I have now would be in a similar category as their GS 350 F Sport. If they did a redesign instead of discontinuing, I wouldn't have a BMW now.

Anyway, I will certainly put up a fight on principle alone but I won't consume myself with it and will probably call it a day and pull the Pirelli tires and replace with Michelin that are non run flat and star marked/approved for my vehicle. Will do my research since I don't want to regret this decision.
Appreciate 0