bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Just shows you how much BMW is ripping us off while also building things with horrendous reliability that are crazy expensive to fix.
I'm starting to wonder whether they send all the lemons to the US or something. I'm on my third BMW and never had any major problems, also never been worried about it breaking down - while you guys seem like you can't drive further than your local grocery store because you fear the car will fall apart.

BMW is not rated as any worse than other major brands here in Europe, and overall customer satisfaction is very high.

If you buy an expensive car second hand and expect it to be as cheap to own as a brand new Huyndai with a list price similar to what you bought your BMW second hand, then I understand you may be disappointed - otherwise I'm not sure what you're going on about.
Yes you have to factor in maintenance cost but it's not going to be a whole lot more expensive, the cost savings of buying used more than covers the slightly higher cost of maintenance most of the time.
Appreciate 0