Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post
Maybe warped rotors?
I would start by checking the tire balancing by road force balancing the tires.

And then sure, check your brakes.

Potholes, bad roads and less than optimal tire pressures can do a number on your balancing.
So my car basically sat on the dealerships lot for close to a month waiting for a part from Germany to come in for some repair work due to a faulty seat frame that had some play in it. I wondering if for having sat so long without being moved if that's what caused the sudden notice of that distant shimmy.

Don't think it's the brakes cause they're smooth and doesn't change the feeling while braking and the car only has 3,700 miles.
I don't think so. What would then happened if you travel frequently for work and your car would sit undriven for days and weeks at a time?

Have you checked your tire pressure cold?

Now the question is... Did the dealer took a joy drive in your car and hit something?

Trust me, your shimmy is a tire balancing problem easily corrected with proper road force equipment.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0