View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 07:13 AM   #1
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Stupid street racing question

I was driving to work a couple of days ago, and some tool in an E92 335 didn't appreciate my superior driving skills and insisted on blasting past me, only to cut me off. Then he (she?) exhibited her (his?) profound insecurity by trying to race me when I changed lanes to go a smidgen faster. This was all in town on a multi-lane road.

It is possible that I was tailgating them a bit on an exit ramp earlier, as they were going way too slow and sometimes that annoys people when I get too close. I am aware of my shortcomings.

Now, I used to own an E92 335, so I know exactly how fast that car is, and it is fast. This one had some aftermarket (i.e. "loud") exhaust on it, and who knows what else had been done to it. But I'm sitting there at the traffic light thinking... my car is fresher (younger, lower miles) with more horsepower (540i) when new and an eight speed versus six speed transmission. Yes, my car weighs a bit more, but I'm thinking that the younger horsepower and especially transmission ratios would help me off the line, and I might be able to toast the arrogant little squirt.

Of course, we don't street race, it's probably against the forum rules to discuss it, it's purely an intellectual rumination.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
KoenG1428.50