View Single Post
      04-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #5498
BuiltnBoostedZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Bought my son a Les Paul when he started...it was a used lefty and I got a great deal on it. Needless, he only played for about a year.

Daughter on the other hand has a Yamaha, 4 string Schecter, and a 5 string Schecter. Had a band that played many local venues like the hard rock - and even got to play at the RRHOF. They haven't played since they all went off to college...but who knows, maybe they'll pick it back up.

Hope your son keeps it up...get him involved in some of those venues that play as a band together to accompany his lessons. They really keeps their interest together when having that.
Niiiiice!!! Glad to see other guitar freaks on here. Just getting past the point of finger training....So the learning curve is going away and I'm picking up songs in a matter of hours now. I can play most metallica songs (enter sandman, nothing else matter, etc), Cream, Black Sabath, Beatles, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jody View Post
Nice! Dig the color. Epi or Gibson? Picked up a used black SG for my oldest son a few years ago for dirt cheap; it played like butter. Pretty sure the guy had no idea what he had. I made him a custom pick guard out of diamond plate for it. The kid was so happy with it, he gave me his Ibanez that was his first guitar I bought for him.
Epi. I won't buy a gibson until I get really good. From what I can tell, these Epi Les Pauls....especially the standard and studios....you cant tell the difference when you play. If the pickups or wiring starts to degrade, I'll replace with gibson hardware. Love it though. I'd practice with my acoustic like once every few days....now that I have the les paul special edition studio deluxe, I practice 3 times a day for 45 min. Makes getting better super quick.