View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #58
Bmw g30
Rep
Drives: Bmw g30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jul74 View Post
Hi Guys,

I've a G31 520D from 2017 with the same problem.
Changed recently my tyres and kept the same brand and model (Pirelli Cinturato P7 245/45 R18 100 y (*) MOE) and the car started vibrating between 110 km/h and 160 km/h mainly. At 120 km/h its the worst velocity!!!

Just talked to the official BMW dealer and they told me that this is a common problem with G30/31 because they are "very sensitive"!!! The solution is a dynamic balancing of the weals, where they balance the wheels and tyre but add weight to it to simulate the weight of the car on the wheels. Not sure what it means, but the maximum tolerance allowed is 3kg!!! Will schedule the procedure and will let you know the results and if possible post some photos and videos.

The BMW dealer also mentioned that before this solution, they have dismounted almost all the rear of another G30 until they solved with this solution of the dynamic balancing and with information coming from the BMW factory in Germany. Therefore the problem is already known. My tyres unfortunately are not even (although new) and the tyre shop where I've mounted the tyres told me that this is common and especially in Run flat tyre and Pirelli because they are very hard tyres. With time this tends to improve, but would purchase another brand if I new this before.

Glad to help.

Cheers,
Jul
Thanks for feedback Jul. What you are referring to is road force balancing of the tyres. Yes, the g30/31 is endeed very sensitive to imbalance but don’t count on getting rid of the problem by replacing the tyres with new ones. I have been there! All mine rims have been balanced by this method but no solution. Once you begin to swap between summer, Winter wheels the vibrations Come back.
Appreciate 0