05-13-2020, 05:50 AM   #12
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I looked up all the ones I got quotes from and they have great reviews for the most part (every business has a few bad reviews here and there). The $10K one is out of consideration because it’s twice as expensive.

Considering the ones around the $5500-6000 mark as they have excellent reviews and come with lifetime warranty on everything. Just trying to get some feedback on Milgard vs Simonton. There’s a thread on Reddit where the guy was recommending Anlin while nothing on the Milgard or Simonton.

Current windows and door came with the house so who knows how hold they really are. They’re single pane with aluminum frames. Also don’t look good. The door and one window take some effort to open hence replacement. Don’t care too much about energy savings but hey, if it helps then all the better.
The first house I bought had single pane windows and a sliding door leading out to the deck. I can't remember what we replaced them with.

But depending on your situation, we replaced the sliding door with a nice French Door. It looked so much better. Just throwing it out there if you haven't given it any thought as they still give you ample space to bring things into the house.