View Single Post
      06-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 3.0l Z4 sports package

Wink Looking2Buy (hey my former name on z4um!)

Well anyways, a little backhistory. I never got around to buying a z4. Also haven't kept up on happenings lately, so Anyways....

I'm looking again but this time i'm more serious than a pool of hungry alligators. The local BMW dealer called me and mentioned a 03 3.0 z4, white, zenons, power top, nav, SMG, somewhere's around 40k miles. No price yet as they just got it in. My questions are this being as we don't have a z4um thread for me to find that handy what to look for thread or problems thread.....

1) What do I need to keep an eye out for? I know about body damage stuff like that, i'm more concerned about asking about all those recall stuffs like the loose gas caps and everything else I don't remember.
2) How reliable is the SMG? I've driven one and while it was fun and i'd still prefer the stick, traffic considerations here in Vegas make me want the SMG enough that i'm not waiting for a stick if I like the car enough.
3) Warrenty info...if I recall the original warrenty is 4yrs or some miles...
4) If the warrenty is expired, how much money can I expect to spend on upkeep (i.e. oil changes)

I tried the search function but couldn't find a what to look for thread, I did find the warrenty thread and will research that more when I have the time. I'm going to look at the car on Saturday, and i'm just desperate enough that I may just buy it SMG or not. Well provided the price is decent.
Appreciate 0