View Single Post
      02-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #21
detrick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 550xi M-Sport/Dinan S2

OE Tuning missed several promised release dates, making me loose faith in them. I decided to get the Dinan S2 instead, albeit, the price for their tune is truly outrageous. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet in life for certain things, or you may be left dreaming while others are enjoying your intended lifestyle ;-)

I now have a great tune and can enjoy my car today. I don't need to be checking these forums endlessly to determine whether anyone released an affordable tune, only to be further disappointed by waiting months and months. The F10 550 was released over a year ago, and there is not much, if any, selection in terms of economical tuning.

It did cross my mind that it would make no economical sense to get a tune for half the Dinan price half way through my lease. Time is money. That is something one must certainly consider when leasing or planning to keep their car for a limited period of time before getting a new model.

OE Tuning should have not have speculated on release dates when they were not even close to bringing their tune to the market. The latest info confirmed no release date, nor evidence that they are wrapping things up with the tune. That was a big turn-off that swayed me the other way. I do hope they release their tune soon.

Last edited by detrick; 02-28-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Appreciate 0