08-22-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
DIY: E90/E92 335i eisenmann quads

check it out. i took some pics as i was doing the install for the quads. as you can tell i got tired and didn't take pictures of every step i did. it wasn't too difficult. i'll explain what i did..

1. get your quads from ryan@eisenhaus

2. open up the box and make sure all the pieces are there.

3. raise the car with a hydraulic jack. make sure you use some jack stands.

4. You will need to evenly cut both side of the exhaust. start measuring one side as a marking where to begin. You can use blue tape to make the marking where to cut. On the other side, use a strip of blue tape to copy the length of the first side.

The exhaust was cut too short so I wasn't able to use the clamps to connect the piping. I had to take it to a muffler shop to have some flanges welded on, it cost me $60. I am thinking about doing the same for the oem muffler so i can swap it out if i need to. the red line i marked is where you should cut. please double check the marking yourself.

5. disconnect the valve from the exhaust

6. now remove the side bolt that hold the muffler hanger. 1 on each side. they are 13mm bolt.

7. remove all the other hangers, it will be tough to remove by hand. i used a skinny flat head screw driver to pry the hangers off.

a)

b)

c)

the exhaust should come off now.

8. i didnt take any pics of the quads going on. its pretty simple from here. just reverse the steps.

to be continue...... I will re-install the tip when I get the diffusor for the OEM bumper
Appreciate 0