AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioccuk View Post
Seriously, in 2018 (soon 19) we are still dependent on dealerships to provide vital software updates on a £40+ car.

So frustrating and honestly the fact that you can swipe away that sliding split screen panel everywhere on iDrive but not on CarPlay is so stupid.

But I guess I have to eat my frustration and pay for the update that I may not even get what I want included.

arghhhh

Lol

Thanks anyway
I am not so sure I want there to be outside access to the internals of my car. I believe BMW is being very careful about opening the system to OTA updates and I am not unhappy about that. No, I haven't heard of any problems with Teslas that have this, but that doesn't give me much comfort. It is also a small step to have all cars "registered" to some big brother in the sky that will then keep track of your speed.
Appreciate 0