2012 BMW 335is  [5.00]
2008 Infiniti QX56  [0.00]
1967 Chevrolet Corv ...  [10.00]
2001 M Roadster  [10.00]
2022 BMW 540i  [0.75]
2009 528i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
I've had some good tips from members on here on ski locations. Looking for suggestions on getting there.

I have the choice of flying into paris(much cheaper flights) than flying into Geneva.

For those who have rented a car, how difficult is it to navigate the roads. Is it worth the hassle or taking a train a better route.

Lastly, if anyone's also been to Val thorns or courchevel, give me your opinion on both locations. Thanks for reading.
No comments on the skiing Chamonix. While I have not driven in France, I have driven extensively throughout Italy. Here are my tips:

Waze works as well in Italy as it does in the US. So, don't forget to get your phone configured to work there. Verizon has a plan that cost me $10 per day this past April. Super convenient and I only paid on days that I used it. That add-on is completely automated after getting it turned on through customer service prior to leaving the states. Much more convenient than buying an EU SIM once you get there, which is another option.

I rented solely through Hertz on all my trips. They have plenty of wagons and SUVs, nearly all of which can be equipped with snow tires and ski racks. I strongly recommend the full-boat insurance because most of us in the US do not have auto insurance that works in the EU. I have also noticed my rentals getting a very detailed inspection upon return, even ensuring I didn't get curb rash on the wheels. With full-boat insurance there is no deductible, but it effectively doubles the cost of your rental.

Could not use Hertz points over there for my rental, but I did earn them.

Last thing - they are much more skilled as drivers over there on average than we are here. You won't see anyone squatting in the left lane like we suffer over here. It is illegal to pass on the right in Italy (I was told), so I pay extra attention when I'm in the left lane.
Appreciate 1
R3dliner934.50