10-16-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
marsb007
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalF16 View Post
Where did the $4500 rebate come from? If you're counting on BMW to give you a cap cost reduction in the amount of the tax credit they'll receive from the fed you'll be disappointed. No such program currently exists from BMW. The only way to get that rebate is to buy/finance the vehicle. I've called BMW financial and BMWNA, and had my CA call people on his end to double/triple check. Unless it's a dealer level rebate which would be surprising, or something that just became available in the last 10 days, I'd be surprised if you actually get that rebate. It's dumb in my opinion, but BMW is being tight with the $ at the moment. If I'm wrong please educate me so I can get the rebate applied on my lease deal when I pick up my 530e in three weeks!
No clue, but I get the impression it’s a combination of prior 5 series owner loyalty, some dealer cash and possibly a third one, maybe BMW is passing some of the credit onto us. I checked the flyer again and it’s listed as a “$4500 BMW Market Allowance”. As I said, no clue what that means, or whether it’s specific to my Market. I’m in FL.

Managed to get it down to $799 including tax and $1200 drive off. Signed papers tonight. Now the wait begins...

Last edited by marsb007; 10-16-2017 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0