Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
I just took runflats off primarily as the ride on the 759i 20s was terrible.

I don't always have the boot that full so just ordered a 19 inch space saver. The scissor jack will sit inside the wheel so it won't take up too much space.

The oem kit is a nice solution too.

As an aside the PS4s tyres provide almost a blanket of insulation from the poor roads in Ireland.

I wish I hadn't wasted over a year on the runflats.
Jay I'm having the same issue in ireland on same wheels using Bridgestone re50 run flats, ride is horrible crashing and shaking on anything but a motorway. Juts feels unstable even around town when driving relatively slow. Did you have similar issues and how much better is the ride now. Have a set of Hankook s1 EVO 3 non RFT on the way. Hope it makes a difference or the car will be traded away in under a year as can't live with this unstable feeling.

What size rear tyres did you install?

QUOTE=jaylazy2020;27144573]I just took runflats off primarily as the ride on the 759i 20s was terrible.

I don't always have the boot that full so just ordered a 19 inch space saver. The scissor jack will sit inside the wheel so it won't take up too much space.

As an aside the PS4s tyres provide almost a blanket of insulation from the poor roads in Ireland.

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
I just took runflats off primarily as the ride on the 759i 20s was terrible.

Jay I'm having the same issue in ireland on same wheels using Bridgestone re50 run flats, ride is horrible crashing and shaking on anything but a motorway. Juts feels unstable even around town when driving relatively slow. Did you have similar issues and how much better is the ride now. Have a set of Hankook s1 EVO 3 non RFT on the way. Hope it makes a difference or the car will be traded away in under a year as can't live with this unstable feeling.

What size rear tyres did you install?

QUOTE=jaylazy2020;27144573]I just took runflats off primarily as the ride on the 759i 20s was terrible.

[/QUOTE]

I was looking at 255 and 285 but i think 8j and 9j wheel width may have made it on the limit

So in the end I went for 245/35/20 and 275/30/20

Aside form the the normal benefit of having fresh tyres.

It's feels and rides like different car.

If you cross over a cats eye it's barely noticeable now

Whereas it felt like a mini bomb had gone off on the Goodyear MOE rft.
Appreciate 0