Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
2019 Reliability Ratings:
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/ratings

GM finished 1st, Ford finished 2nd. This is despite the fact that Americans complain about American cars more than Japanese cars or European cars (long explanation behind psychology behind that behavior that I don't have time to get into). That doesn't mean we have to like the actual cars that these brands are producing, it just means that we can't make current statements about reliability based on historical shortcomings.

BTW, nice M2C!!
Hang on ... Which brand finished 3rd in your reference above?

BMW.

Yet, in the post previous to this one, you go on and on about how every BMW has gasket issues, issues, annoyances, et. al.

I think the point to be made here is that one can fudge stats just about any way one wants. (J.D. Power certainly does.)

It's no secret that American marques have made great inroads into debunking its poor-reliability stereotype. It's also no secret that Japanese marques have lost ground in the same field. It's no secret, as well, that Italian- and British-built marques bring up the rear.

What no one seems to want to acknowledge is what the 4th-place finisher in the provided results -- Kia -- represents: : How comparatively reliable most Korean marques now are.
Appreciate 2
Conissah1576.00
Mingwan1892.50