View Single Post
      01-03-2024, 03:25 PM   #8
vansonrider
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alapoint View Post
Oh im sure its off by that much at least. But still, youre friends wont know the difference talking about it over a beer haha

That's my car. It's a 2018 M550 modified by Speed Profis in Germany. It was a mild tune to keep the car reliable, well what would be reliable for a BMW. I bought the car while stationed in Germany, US spec, and it's true 182 mph GPS verified. The shop had set my top speed to 320 kph/196mph but something buried in the trans ECU would not let the car go past 300kph/187mph. I'm sure my car would have hit 320kph if the transmission ECU would not have intervened. The performance shop in Germany had a harder time with my car because it's US spec and not European spec. He also did a Alpina mod to my transmission shifting. Side-note, people talk about how powerful the brakes are on the M550 but I can tell you that a hard brake at 170mph plus makes them feel substandard. I'm back in the US now so hitting top speed will most likely never happen again. So the brakes are plenty for the US roads.
Appreciate 0