10-30-2005, 01:27 AM   #15
spitfire6000
NJ NYC BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Monaco/Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xens
Disagreed. I had a Honda Accord before and while I was driving that I would constantly examine cars I like, and E46s were my favorite. I'd often "stalk" an M3 if I see it on the freeway (I'd merge behind him and keep following till he's gone or I need to get off) I never stalked any other Honda Accords (well unless it was really nicely modified) yet I always thought my car looked pretty good.

The reason I thought it looked so good is because I don't EVER get to see any E90 330i ZSP in motion, tonight was the first one that I actually had time to look at (I saw 2 other, one went past me in the opposite lane and the other one flew down the street while I was taking a break at work.) The car DOES look different when it's in motion.

I see where you are coming from but I have to disagree, that isn't the case with my post. Over at e46fanatics many people have already accepted the styling of the new 7 series and think it looks good, I personally still think it looks butt ugly, even after the face-lift. However I think the new 5 series looks fantastic despite much criticism, I thought it was ugly when I first saw photos, but when I saw one in real life, I thought it looked beautiful. Same thing happened with Z4, ugly on photos, stunning in real life.

Again I know where you are coming from, but I don't believe I "over-examined" anything and it's not because I own such a car, before I ever had any sightings of E90 330i ZSP in real life I even had doubts on whether I made the right decision choosing E90 over E46, but seeing it makes all the difference.

I can see you don't feel the same way, but who knows? Some day you might. I also have enough self-esteem to not need to stroke my own ego and share it with the rest of the community over the Internet.
Actually i 100% feel the same way. I know exactly what youre talking about. In fact, most cars over 30,000 will always look better in person than on photos. I didnt even think the 325 i ended up buying looked that good in photos...but when i actually went down to the dealership i was amazed by it.
Appreciate 0