08-03-2023, 09:42 AM   #18
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
+1

I think student loan forgiveness is basically the biggest "F U" to people who purposely didn't pursue college because they couldn't afford it in the first place, or in my case, paid their way working 2 jobs as they went.
I think again, the bigger question is not the actual loan but rather the actual cost... we are already subsidizing education... most universities and colleges already receive grants, tax breaks and tax dollars to run... so why is education so expensive? Maybe it's because we made a business out of it with major athletic programs, unnecessary college board of directors, massive expensive campuses and a lot of other unnecessary nonsense... then we back that with GOVT back loans lmao... it's effectively the definition of a scam because fundamentally the school has 0 incentive to give good degrees and assist in finding jobs and can instead focus on pumping out as many students with nonsense to make money...

This gets fixed tomorrow if Colleges back their own loans and act as the bank handing out the loan without government backing.
Bingham276.00
Buckeyes352.50