09-13-2022, 01:27 PM   #38
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Man the SLO is the holy grail for hard rock and metal (one of my favorite metal tones was KSE's End of Heartache and As Daylight Dies featured a LOT of boosted SLO). A lot of people don't realize but the OG Mesa Dual Rec was a carbon copy of the SLO preamp with a shittier power amp (hence the DR's notoriously loose bottom end) - it still is to an extent even with all its revisions. The OG 5150 circuit is a loose SLO copy as well, though the OG 5150 is its own brand of bad ass.

But I'll be the devil's advocate here : https://www.soldano.com/products/cla...lo-30-classic/

Ever since Mike sold Soldano to BAD, they have been a whole heck of a lot easier to get your hands on and it lead to the creation of the 30-watt SLO.
I actually had a Framus Dragon for the End of Heartache guitar tones. Wasn't very successful at squeezing it out but I guess you just explained why.

Has their quality/sound changed after ownership change?

I play out of a solid state combo amp now lmao. If I start playing as much as I used to, I would consider it but probably unlikely.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61233.00