Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
According to BMW, the G05 X5 (2019 and newer) is/was the first to get the NFC Digital Key. I can confirm it's available in a 2019 X5 loaner that I'm currently driving.

I was curious about this as well so I spent some time awhile back just trying to find out more about it. It would be helpful if things like this were more easily accessible from BMW and not so hard to find. The whole connected drive ecosystem needs to be better organized and be more transparent upfront that tells you this is what you get or don't get with a G30. Once you find the information, it's laid out fairly well I think, but getting the information is the part that needs some attention, iMO.

This info is available at https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/conne...ReadytoConnect

The biggest issue with that guide is it hasn't been updated in almost a year (since January 2019). As such, it mentions stuff like Digital Key being supported on iDrive 7 vehicles and only lists the X5 as it was the only car shipping with iDrive 7 at the time I believe. You see that by looking at the next page where they lists this feature for iDrive 7 cars with Comfort Access and Connected Package Pro.

I don't think Digital Key is supported on my MY2020 530e though which has these packages.
Digital key is not supported on 2020 G30.