View Single Post
      11-05-2021, 06:50 PM   #6
sandman0921
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Wow, you've never posted to a forum, but your first is quite a story.

Your experience is common these days. You're not alone!

The two STOP sales on your car are common, many others have experienced same/similar. In some cases it takes days/weeks/months to clear the missing components. BMW is at the mercy of suppliers, such as Bosch and Continental.

Currently, the M550i is not subject to other option / feature constraints. Your CA is trying to pacify you by stating option / feature constraints not (yet) affecting the M550i.

You have few choices here. Either wait for the car you ordered, try to find another M550i in dealer inventory (or incoming) or cancel it and find another car that will work for your needs.

My guess and hope for you is your car will ship from Brunswick by the end of November. {fingers crossed 4u}

I can certainly ramble on with the best of them I guess….😄

I made my mind up a long time ago that I would wait it out. There’s not really anything else that I really want right now, and I’ve heard other manufacturers are going through the same issues.

Plus, it’s really crazy what people are paying right now for new and used vehicles. I’m pretty happy with the price I landed on with this vehicle. A friend of mine recently was looking to purchase a new GMC Yukon Denali XL once he learned his wife was pregnant with their 4th child. The dealership told him it would have to be factory ordered and he would need to pay $5,000 over MSRP for the “privilege” of ordering it….he laughed it off, but then was told the same thing by another area dealer…

Crazy times….and 1st world problems I guess…
Appreciate 0