View Single Post
      06-05-2017, 04:25 AM   #99
Kushik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboUK View Post
Hmm ok so i dont see the logic if it had to travel all the up to Newcastle which is roughly 350 miles away.

I will check the status again later

So what is your dealer trying to do so i could ask the same to quicken it up? They can only say no lol
The way UK delivery usually works is that all cars come in to port and then get transported to a central BMW point (usually Thorne, near Hull) here they do the final checks, fit number plates etc. From there the car is then transported on to the dealer. Looking through other people's experiences this process can take anything up to 2 weeks depending on trucks picking up and dropping off cars. What my dealer is doing is called an intercept, where as soon as the car is released by the carrier back to BMW (usually within 24 hours of landing at port but can be up to 3 days) the dealer will collect the car with their own transport and do the final checks themselves. By doing this, assuming my car was to reach Southampton on 9th June they could pick up on 10th, do the final checks apply the autoglym treatment and the dashcam (dealer fit option) in 2 to 3 days which would give me a pick up date of around 13th......without the intercept the dealer would still need 2 to 3 days after 20th to prep the car with Autoglym so my pick up date would be 23rd......so it could shave a massive amount off the estimated date, even if my car landed on 13th (latest I can imagine) I would have a collection date of 17th.

Of course all of this is just guesswork until the car actually gets on a ship
Appreciate 0